Machine Learning 2D/3D Vision Researcher
Geomagical Labs is an early-stage AI research & development startup in the San Francisco Bay Area, applying novel computer vision technologies to an exciting consumer application to be used by millions of people.
We have an opening for a Deep Vision research scientist, with substantial theoretical and hands-on experience with 2D/3D vision using both state-of-the-art neural networks and classic techniques, to join our core startup team of scientists & engineers.
As a Deep Scene Perception Researcher, you will propose, study, and develop deep neural network architectures that advance the state of the art for visual scene perception, and establish new state of art for relevant unsolved problems. You must be well versed in current literature applying deep learning to 2D and 3D computer vision, have mastery of modern CNN/RNN architectures / building blocks / training techniques, and possess a strong scientific method. You must also have excellent hands-on engineering skills, be eager to solve technical problems that you have not encountered before, and be adventurous and enthusiastic about an early startup experience!
- Ph.D. or postdoc in computer vision and/or machine learning, from a competitive university/laboratory required.
- 3+ years of graduate and/or industrial research experience with vision-based deep learning.
- Expert understanding of modern neural network architectures & methods for 2D & 3D computer vision.
- Excellent foundations in 2D & 3D computer vision, and substantial hands-on experience with related problems such as stereo matching & optical flow, depth estimation, 3D perception, semantic segmentation, novel-view synthesis, photography and style inference & transfer.
- Publications applying deep networks to 3D scene perception, segmentation, pose estimation, or flow.
- Fluent in TensorFlow and its inner workings.
- Strong Python & numpy programming background (in Linux environments) is required.
- Strong theoretical foundations in machine learning.
- Solid applied math skills in linear algebra, differential and matrix calculus, and linear & non-linear optimization.
- BONUS: Substantial industrial work experience applying deep learning to various computer vision problems.
- BONUS: Excellent C++ programming skills a plus.
- BONUS: Experience with computer graphics &/or computational photography a plus.
- You must be a "doer" not only a "talker", exciting to make state-of-the-art innovations real.
- Must be excited about seed-stage startups; entrepreneurial, comfortable with ambiguity & uncertainty.
- We will sponsor U.S. work visas for exceptional candidates.
- Opportunity to publish novel and influential research, participate in scientific conferences, and collaborate with partners in academia.
- Substantial stock equity packages, of the sort only available to early startup employees.
- Rare opportunity to join an early tech startup, led by founders who've taken two startup teams through IPO.
- We are located in downtown Mountain View, California, near restaurants, bicycle trails and Caltrain.