3D Perception Researcher
Geomagical Labs is a Bay Area AI startup, applying novel computer vision technologies to a mass-scale consumer application to be used by millions.
We have an opening for a 3D computer vision scientist with strong academics and substantial experience in 3D reconstruction, applied mathematics, and applications of depth & semantics. As a 3D Perception Researcher, you will work with our team of vision scientists in an applied R&D role, advancing the state of the art of 3D perception capabilities, for innovative mobile & cloud applications. This could be a dream job for highly-motivated applied researchers with entrepreneurial drive.
Candidates must have proficiency in sparse & dense 3D depth estimation (e.g. SfM, MVS, bundle adjustment, SLAM, direct methods), strong math skills in variational optimization & projective linear algebra, and have some exposure to image-based rendering techniques (e.g. novel view synthesis, mosaicing, super-resolution, synthetic focus). This position requires strong theoretical foundations, excellent software development skills, and sound scientific method. Experience using modern deep networks for perception is a plus.
Candidates must also be adventurous and excited about a seed-stage startup experience!
- Strong academic foundations from a competitive university/lab (Ph.D. preferred)
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills; excellent scientific method
- Expert in multiple view 3D perspective geometry (e.g. projective mathematics, vanishing points, triangulation, stereo & multi-view geometry, epipolar theory, homographies, bundle adjustment, photogrammetry, ...)
- Hands-on experience building 2D->3D reconstruction technologies (SfM, MVS, direct methods, SLAM)
- Substantial experience with energy-based non-linear and variational optimization for image-based applications
- Strong applied math skills in linear algebra, PDEs, 2D/3D projective mathematics
- Experience with 3D point cloud algorithms (e.g. ICP, EPnP, Kinect Fusion)
- Strong C++ and/or Python software development skills in Linux environments
- BONUS: Familiarity with image-based rendering and novel-view synthesis
- BONUS: Experience implementing visual-inertial fusion for metric-scale odometry and/or reconstruction
- BONUS: Experience implementing deep networks for perception (segmentation, depth, flow, recognition, etc.)
- BONUS: Experience with 3D graphics & rendering
- Must be adventurous and excited about a seed-stage startup experience
- Rare opportunity to join an early startup adventure, led by founders who've taken two startup teams through IPO.
- Substantial stock equity packages, of the sort only available to early startup employees.
- Opportunity to publish novel and influential research and collaborate with partners in academia.
- Strategic leadership roles possible for the right candidate.
- Headquartered in Mountain View, California, in the heart of the Castro Street downtown, an easy walk from Caltrain and bicycling trails.