Senior iOS Engineer
Geomagical Labs is looking for a creative iOS engineer to build leading-edge iOS applications that use the camera and cloud AI in magical ways, for millions of users.
Ideal candidates will have a track record of building compelling UI experiences on iOS devices, and a passion for cool technology and engaging aesthetics. Imagination, desire for ownership, and distaste for bureaucracy are also attractive!
- Passion to create magical products that users love
- 3+ years of experience developing iOS applications
- Fluent in Swift, Objective-C
- Track record developing impressive iOS UI experiences with user adoption & positive reviews
- Solid understanding of best practices for iOS concurrency & threading
- Solid understanding of client-server network programming and APIs
- Strong CS foundations in computer systems, software engineering, data structures
- Experience optimizing iOS app performance using lldb and Instruments
- Excellent communication and team collaboration skills
- BONUS: Experience launching & supporting apps through Apple AppStore
- BONUS: Experience with front-end web UI development
- BONUS: Experience using AVFoundation for camera applications
- BONUS: Experience using ARKit for real-time, live AR applications
- BONUS: Experience using Core Graphics, Quartz, SpriteKit and/or SceneKit for graphics programming
- Must be able to work onsite in our Mountain View office at least 3 days a week
- Rare opportunity to join a hot startup, led by founders who've taken two startup teams through IPO.
- Substantial stock equity packages, of the sort only available to startup employees.
- Opportunity to have a major role in the building of important apps; not a "small cog in a big machine"
- Opportunity to learn state-of-the-art AI, AR, computational photography technologies.
- Headquartered in Mountain View, California, in the heart of the Castro Street downtown restaurant district; an easy walk from Caltrain and bicycling trails.