Computational Photography Researcher
We are looking for an imaginative Computational Photography scientist to join our core startup team of vision and graphics researchers. In this role, you will develop novel algorithms to generate beautiful, SLR-quality photography & videography from conventional smartphones, using the latest advancements in odometry, depth perception, dense optical flow, style transfer, and re-rendering.
This position requires practical experience developing a wide range of photographic imaging algorithms, such as experience in image alignment, novel view synthesis, multi-aperture fusion, HDR, super resolution, motion stabilization, mosaic stitching & blending, synthetic depth of field, VR capture & conversion, multiview/polycameras, synthetic lighting & relighting, ray tracing.
Ideal candidates will have a solid academic foundations in 3D computer vision and computational imaging, and some experience with 3D graphics --- combined with strong scientific method, substantial hands-on software development experience, and a deep appreciation for visual aesthetics.
- Ph.D. from competitive university/lab focusing on vision & photography
- Strong 3D vision foundations (e.g. epipolar stereo geometry, calibration, optical flow, depth maps)
- Solid foundations in applied computational photography (e.g. multi-view imaging, novel view synthesis, motion stabilization, HDR, super resolution, light fields)
- Strong skills with energy-based non-linear and variational optimization for visual applications
- Experience with image-based rendering (e.g. mesh warping & alignment, mosaicing, image sampling & blending)
- Strong C++ software development skills in Linux environments
- Some experience with 3D graphics programming and rendering
- Deep appreciation for photography & visual aesthetics
- BONUS: Implemented successful, exposure-bracketed HDR photography technologies
- BONUS: Have you designed & trained non-trivial image-based neural networks using TensorFlow?
- BONUS: Hands-on experience with panoramic mosaicing, seam carving, blending, deghosting
- BONUS: Hands-on experience with ray tracing and photorealistic rendering
- BONUS: OpenGL shader programming experience
- Enthusiastic about seed-stage startups; entrepreneurial; comfortable with uncertainty
- Rare opportunity to join an early startup adventure, led by founders who've taken two startup teams through IPO.
- Substantial stock equity packages, of the sort only available to early startup employees.
- Opportunity to develop novel research and apply it to mass-scale real applications. Platform to publish, participate in scientific conferences, and collaborate with partners in academia.
- Headquartered in Mountain View, California, in the heart of the Castro Street downtown restaurant district; an easy walk from Caltrain and bicycling trails.