Deep Vision Researcher
Geomagical Labs is an early-stage research & development startup in the San Francisco Bay Area, applying novel computer vision technologies to an exciting consumer application to be used by millions of people.
We have an opening for an deep learning vision researcher, with substantial hands-on experience with image-based artificial neural networks, and strong academic foundations, to join our core startup team of scientists & engineers.
As a Deep Vision Researcher, you will propose, study, and develop deep neural network architectures that advance the state of the art for visual scene perception, and establish new state of art for relevant unsolved problems. You must be well-versed in current literature applying deep learning to 2D and 3D computer vision, have mastery of modern CNN/RNN architectures / building blocks / training techniques, and demonstrate a strong scientific method. You must also have excellent hands-on engineering skills, be eager to solve technical problems that you have not encountered before, and be adventurous and enthusiastic about an early startup experience!
- Ph.D. in computer vision and/or machine learning, from a competitive university/laboratory.
- Mastery of modern artificial neural network architectures for 2D & 3D computer vision applications.
- Published research applying deep networks & representation learning to 3D geometry and/or visual semantics and/or visual recognition.
- Excellent foundations in 2D & 3D computer vision, and substantial hands-on experience with related problems such as stereo matching & optical flow estimation, image/video segmentation, object instance detection and segmentation, computational photography & rendering, style inference, and scene perception
- Strong applied math skills in linear algebra, differential and matrix calculus, and linear & non-linear optimization.
- Fluency in TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Strong programming background, in Linux environments. Python fluency is a prerequisite, C++ knowledge is a bonus.
- Bonus: Substantial industrial work experience applying deep learning to various computer vision problems.
- Bonus: Experience with computer graphics & computational photography.
- Excited about seed-stage startups; entrepreneurial, comfortable with risk & uncertainty.
- We will sponsor U.S. work visas for exceptional candidates.
- Rare opportunity to join an early tech startup adventure, led by founders who've taken two startup teams through IPO.
- Opportunity to publish novel and influential research, participate in scientific conferences, and collaborate with partners in academia.
- Substantial stock equity packages, of the sort only available to early startup employees.
- We are located in downtown Mountain View, California, near bicycle trails and Caltrain.