Deep Learning Vision Engineer
Geomagical Labs is an AI startup in the San Francisco Bay Area, applying novel computer vision technologies to an exciting consumer application for millions of people.
We have an opening for a Deep Learning Vision Engineer with strong academic foundations and substantial hands-on experience with image-based artificial neural networks, to join our core startup team of computer vision scientists and engineers. As a Deep Learning Vision Engineer, you will design, implement, analyze and tune state-of-the-art hybrid machine vision architectures and data pipelines for broad vision problems such as segmentation, scene flow, depth estimation, classification, denoising, rendering, style transfer, object detection & information fusion.
This position requires strong theoretical foundations, excellent engineering skills, and sound scientific method. You must be familiar with state-of-the-art CNN architectures and training techniques for practical vision problems, and be eager to solve technical problems that you may have not encountered before. You must also have practical data ninja skills to efficiently process data, manage data pipelines, and analyze results.
Candidates must also be adventurous and enthusiastic about an early startup experience!
- Computer science & machine learning foundations from a competitive university/laboratory (strong M.S. or Ph.D.), not just online coursework.
- Mastery of TensorFlow.
- Experience implementing deep neural networks for vision applications beyond class projects.
- Excellent data processing & programming skills in Python in Linux environments.
- Solid 3D computer vision theory (e.g. 3D reconstruction, matching, optical flow, pose & depth estimation).
- Solid foundations in statistics.
- Solid foundations in linear algebra and non-linear optimization.
- BONUS: Industrial experience applying deep learning to various computer vision problems is a big plus.
- BONUS: Fluency in PyTorch, Caffe 2 is a plus.
- BONUS: C++ systems software engineering skills a plus.
- BONUS: Docker proficiency a plus.
- BONUS: Performance engineering skills (measure & optimize CPU, GPU, I/O) a plus.
- Must be excited about seed-stage startups; entrepreneurial, comfortable with risk & uncertainty.
- Rare opportunity to join an early startup adventure, led by founders who've taken two startup teams through IPO.
- Substantial stock equity packages, of the sort only available to early startup employees.
- Opportunity to publish novel and influential research, participate in scientific conferences, and collaborate with partners in academia.
- We are located in Mountain View, California, near bicycle trails and Caltrain.